Friday, September 21, 2007

Popsicle Guy Is An Idiot

At work I bump into an amazing number of idiots. Popsicle Guy wins in the category of most annoying and persistent idiot as well as a contender in the lowest IQ contest. One day while I was managing the cash registers a cashier called me over for help with a customer, Popsicle Guy. Popsicle Guy had shopped in the store for so long that his frozen treat of choice had melted. I, at once, apologized and got him a new box of popsicles fresh from the freezer.
I arrived back at the register, box of popsicles in hand, only to find that Popsicle Guy had lost his receipt. He explained to me that he wanted the receipt in case the popsicles were bad and needed to be returned. I asked him to check his pockets, his wallet, his bag of merchandise, all in an effort to help this man locate his missing receipt. I knew that this customer was going to be a challenge. After checking all possible locations for the missing receipt he demanded that I print him another one. Re-printing receipts is not possible with my store's software system. Popsicle Guy was displeased. For forty-five minutes Popsicle Guy argued with me over his receipt, then reached into his pocket and pulled out his receipt. Then he apologized to me for the misunderstanding, and asked for another box of popsicles because now the second box had melted.

1 comment:

La Professora said...

Bet you're glad that summer is officially over.